Please click on image for a more detailed view. These pictures have been approved for for viewing by Ali and Holly.
First of all, I must give Kelly full credit for having much more flattering bridesmaids dresses than me. What can I say? I was young, inexperienced, it was the 90's and I was just trying to make a choice so my mom would leave me alone. My loyal friends never complained, at least not to my face and wore the hideous things. The color was all wrong, the design was flawed and the fabric was disgusting. I'm sure they donated them to Goodwill the minute they took them off...and I really don't blame them.On the other hand, Kelly's beautiful bridesmaid dresses were the complete opposite of mine. They were a complimentary color, flattering design and made of quality fabric. I have even worn mine on several occasions since. Very classy Kelly!
Can we just talk for a moment about every one else's attire (in the first picture...my wedding reception). As a disclaimer I must add that two thirds of the people pictured were still in high school. Greg- congrats on matching my reception colors without even being notified...or were you? Anson- looking sharp! Jadon- nice plaid, definitely 90's. James- sorry I was wrong. Those are not tapered jeans. Maybe its the tucked-in teal button up shirt with the belt and white tennis shoes that had me so focused on you. And, I love the feathered hair. I can picture you running your fingers through it right before the photo shoot to make sure it was perfect. Thankfully you are not easily offended and have a wonderful sense of humor. Travis- I think you win for the tapered pants. But...looking nice in your pre-missionary get-up. Ben-looking GQ as always. Kelly, Ali and Holly, thank you for wearing the fabulous dresses and smiling all the while. I love all of you!
If anyone has any more blog addresses or even real addresses for all our friends please be so kind to share them with me. My email is marierose@live.com.
For your enjoyment...here are some more fun pictures from my super fun and exciting day!



Anyone else have pics to share?






6 comments:
LOVE the pictures. It was also nice of you to ask people's permission. I like to catch people off guard. I'm so glad to see James in jeans at a wedding. He still teases me about our wedding reception and all of my hick relatives in overalls and cowboy hats. Maybe this isn't as bad, but I can still hang it over his head.
I'm so thankful for you and my friend Erin who inform me of important things like Survivor finales. I knew it was coming up but wasn't sure if it would be this week or next. SOOOO EXCITED!
I thoroughly enjoyed those pictures. I feel like I stand out a bit being the only one in jeans. I probably borrowed that shirt from Greg.
I look like I could have been an extra on an episode of Seinfeld or something.
If only I could still feather my hair like that.
marie. I may have approved the first two pictures, but how did that one at the bottom slip through?
Those were fun times. You got married so early that none of us really understood what was going on. oh and I'm sure cranberry was a good color in it's day!
Oops! Sorry Ali :) How did that get on there? My official colors were cranberry and cream...because for some reason my mom said I must declare what my official colors were. I didn't even have a favorite color so I picked some that sounded nice.
Desta, How dare James tease you! Hicks and hillbilly relatives are the best! I have several myself.
James, I think your exactly right about Seinfeld...I can definitely see that. :)
wow! we are all looking pretty pasty! that cranberry sure takes all the color out of our lovely non-tan complexions! What a great post! It's fun (and scary) to look at old pictures.
Have you watched "IT" yet? I am dying to know what you think. Well, I will probably live, but still....
Post a Comment