
I LOVE having older children. Jane came in at one point and asked permission to give Hank and Kate cereal. I have banned her from pouring cereal without permission because she is often too generous and bowls of milk and soggy cereal have to be poured down the drain. I'm so cheap that I hate wasting food. I reminded her to only pour small amounts at a time and thanked her for her help.
Around 10:30 or so I finally made myself get out of bed....I know....GASP!!! Walter wakes me in the middle of the night with his sweet little grunts and squirming body. I groggily check the time on the clock and upon realizing two or three hours have passed since his last nursing, I pull him over and lay back down on the other side and fall asleep while he fills his belly once more. This goes on all night for about 9 straight hours. AHHHHH! I love sleep. I've been spoiled to have a husband who gets the kids off to school and in his absence my fabulous mother has taken over. I'm so glad she gets up at 6 am so she can get to my house by 7 and get the girls off to the bus on time.!!! What can I say, I'm a mother of a brand new baby boy who sleeps so well for me and I take full advantage of it.
William left on Thursday, spent two days in Florida and then flew around Cuba to the Dominican Republic. He is a pilot for Bass Pro Shops and flies them wherever they want to go. For some reason he's at a resort on the beach near La Romana (I think) kayaking, scuba diving and walking the warm sands. He'll come home burnt, tired and missing his own bed. I know you ladies are thinking this sounds like the perfect vacation...All alone in a resort with a 24 hour buffet and miles of beaches with sunny skies and solitude.
Poor William though, he misses his kiddos and lovely wife and says that after the first couple of days he really just wishes he was home.
You know what? I believe him, it's no fun by yourself.
Too bad I couldn't be there with him. We could boogie board, snorkel,
play horseshoes, build sandcastles, rent seadoos, and go for romantic walks on the beach. Oh gag me, you say? Alright, enough of my daydreaming and wishing. I just hope he comes home soon. Too bad he'll miss all of spring break. I think I forgot to take any pictures of Easter Morning too. Sorry Willum. I did however get some fun pics of Walter's first bath (which he loved!) and the kiddos trying on hats at Grandma B's Easter get together on Saturday.Back to my day....around 11 am we turned the tv on and it stayed off the rest of the day. The kiddos played outside jumping on the trampoline, sucking nectar from clover in the garden and putting their new jump ropes to good use. I had a friend stop by with her little girl and we visited while the kids played. At 4:30 we packed up all the kids and headed to our favorite park Ritter Springs. It's this fun park in the woods with lots of trails leading to a small river and pond. Yesterday when we were at Ritter Springs it was so muddy and wet when we walked down to the river and pond so today we just stayed at the playground. For 2 hours the kids ran and climbed and played. I LOVE it when my kids play. It's son gratifying to see them just being kids.

At 6:30 we packed up the van and headed home. Somehow between 7 and 10 my mom and I got all the kids fed, bathed and asleep. Thanks Mom for making dinner. It's wonderful to have an extra set of hands to help out...especially at feeding times. Claire and Jane are in charge of getting the table set,
Hank and Kate are in charge of making sure their hands are washed and Walter is in charge of being comfy and cute in the sling. Thank You Auntie Di for the wonderful sling by Hotslings. I love it sooooo much and so does Little Wally!
I think tomorrow we'll head for the local zoo. Spring Break is so much fun!






10 comments:
your oldest looks just like you! wow! i mean, it's an uncanny resemblance.
and i'm with you, god bless PBS. that's my life's mantra.
Why are you having so much fun without me ... it's just not fair! Anyways, don't let Wally grow any more until I get there. love ya!
Such a cute sling. Have you ever had a front pack? Which do you like better? Do you ever worry that he'll fall out of the sling?
I carried my kids in a front pack for a solid year, every single one of them! I love that you keep Walter so close to you. I have a big 'ol lump in my throat. He is beautiful, all your kids are. Great mothering, I can tell.
Marie!
You are so amazing! So much energy after just having a baby! It sounds like everyone is enjoying their spring break and having grandma visiting.
The sling is awesome! I had a baby bjorn for 2 of my babies and LOVED it, but was planning on using a sling for the next babe.... but there isn't going to be a next babe, so I guess I'll never get to use a sling! :) Oh well! You use one and have fun, ok!?
You have a lovely family and I'm thrilled that all is well, the kids are all healthy and the baby is so wonderful!
Have fun.
You look so wonderful!! I can't wait to see my two babes play together. I've heard that nothing compares to hearing your kids laughing together. :]
I wanted to tell you about the acid reflux. I read an article that made me feel better about the amount she was throwing up. It said that it looks worse than it is. They said to take two tablespoons of milk and pour it out on the counter. It looks like a lot of liquid, but it's just two tablespoons. :] Also, my doctor said to try to nurse sitting up and then keep her propped up for about 30 minutes after feedings. She sleeps a lot still, so I try to use the swing, bouncy chair, and my boppy. They seem to help her. I hope this helps. Your little family is adorable!!
Those kids are growing too fast. Glad Mom could be there for you when William is gone and to help out with Walter and the others. Sounds like a great spring break so far. Looking forward to being there in another month.
You are awesome getting out already adn I haven't even sent a CONGRATS yet!! So congrats and I ma so proud of you you did it and with no epidural! I love it that's the best easy recovery too! you look great and I'm so glad the baby waited for daddy to get home you're a tropper and i wish I could hug and snuggle your little guy!
Enjoy and by the way I love the sling it helped my back so much- not so much pain in all the wierd places. It was my favorite on the the last one and it will be on the next as well.
Take it easy and enjoy the wonderful help while it's there!
You are such a wise mom! What a great idea to turn on the T.V. so you could get some sleep. I'm with you on that one.
I love all the pictures. Keep them coming.
Look at you all skinny and cute after JUST having a baby. What's the secret??
I can't believe your hubbie has such a crazy job. I bet he gets to do lots of fun things. Do you ever get to go??
Post a Comment