Sunday, September 28, 2008

Look Who's Three!

So I realize this happened almost a week ago, but no matter how good my intentions were, this has somehow slipped to the bottom of the list day after day. I've been preoccupied enrolling my girls in Connections Academy (homeschool), feeding my children daily (well at least three times daily) and nursing Walter (that boy is still growing like a weed and is still refusing solid foods). I was told today that if I stopped carrying Walter around in a hammock then maybe he would crawl. Well, to tell you the truth, the reason why he's in a sling (not a hammock Devon...but that did make me laugh) at church (where this comment was made by funny Devon) is so I can carry two church bags, a pair of Katie's sandals, a blanket or two, a Relief Society handout which was shoved at me while I was gathering up my YW lesson materials and my sweet dear 19 pound 7 month old. I am able to do all this without dropping the sweet child on the way to the van which is hot and stuffy after four hours (who really leaves church right away?) in the sun and smells strongly of banana peel which the kids forgot to put in the trash because I have a wonderful contraption called a sling...not a hammock. But this is not why he is not crawling yet...I think he just chooses not to crawl yet....and the day he decides to crawl he will just up and do it. He will be into everything and everyone will be wishing the mishevious little boy had decided to stay put for a while longer...but there will be no stopping Sir Walter once he sets his mind on crawling. Hey, for I know, he'll be walking next week and just skip the whole crawling ordeal all together. Enough about Walter the Great...this post is all about .....

Kate Camilla who just turned THREE!


We started the morning of the 22nd off with number three pancakes, trick candles, presents and a very excited Kate. She knew exactly what was going on, why we were celebrating, how old she use to be and she knew she was now three. What a sweet little girl she is.

We spent the day like most every other day playing, eating and cleaning. Kate helped me mix and bake the cake and that evening our family met Grandma B and Papa at the park for some birthday cake and visiting. It was a simple, sweet and enjoyable birthday.



Happy Birthday Katie! You are growing up so quickly. I love to watch you learn and explore and have fun doing silly things like dance for Walter while he bounces around in the johnny jump-up. You are so smart and inquisitive. I hope you have a wonderful year!

5 comments:

The Close's Place said...

Cute b-day pictures. There's a lot to be said about kids with older siblings. Andrew barely knew what b-days were all about as he turned three.

Did you watch the Gabon premiere?

ali said...

i'm sorry. my eyes could read no further after the homeschool part. ARE YOU NUTS? just kidding. I know you aren't, but I would be!

I am so excited for your decision. (kelly already told me.) I know you'll do a great job!

Devon and Brooke said...

devon is really not funny -- it's ok to be really honest about how abnoxious he truly is! looks like kate's birthday was a success! what a great mom you are!!

DebLawson said...

So cute! Happy 3rd bithday little Kate!






Homeschool? Is something going on at the kids' elementary?? what's up with all that?

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, she is the cutest little girl! Those beautiful blond curls.

I can't believe you have 5 kids! I thought I had mine fast but dang woman, you are a pro! Isn't your oldest only 8? For some reason I thought you got married after Kelly but maybe it was before. I thought I was busy.

I have toyed with the homeschooling thing many times. I hate that I don't get to be with them all day and then after school they have activities and homework. There is no quality time left with them except for story time. It makes me sad. :( Keep us updated on the pros and cons.