I have recently been inspired to get back in touch with my creative side. I LOVED visiting Cookie Magazine's #1 2008 home of the year which happens to belong to Nienie who has inspired many and while oohing and ahhing over every nook and cranny in her home remembered that I too was going to have a cute house with fun stuff and take my kids fun places and make yummy food...so what was I doing letting myself become so drab and boring?
I jumped right in and that very night painted the nativity set I'd been storing in my Christmas box for over 3 years and finished it in 2 nights! It felt so good to check something off my mental list and too have a nativity set my kids can play with...next Christmas.Yes, it is chilly in my house...we're frugal. The next night I painted another Christmas decoration that has been waiting for it's day also.
Tonight I pulled the tablecloths out of my sewing drawer and announced I would finally be making then into the curtains I had intended them to be 10 months ago.
Why do I purchase items intended for beautifying my home and then stash them away like a hidden treasure? From now on, if I buy it.....I will make it...within six months. Hey, that's an improvement.
As I browsed through my photos to retrieve the few I was searching for I came across others that were evidence that I am indeed a fun mom who takes her kids places, makes yummy food and is definitely not drab or boring.
Claire started taking ice skating lessons. Seeing how she is already a pro, she will be moving up quickly.
We all went to Friday Swim and Gym where we exercised our muscles and went swimming in an indoor heated pool while it was snowing outside!
I made delicious syrup to top my hubby's famous Wild Bill's Flapjacks.
And last but not least, I let Hank and Kate make their very own peanut butter balls rolled in rice crispies. I then proceeded to eat most of them, thereby spoiling my dinner.
I won't let myself get down by comparing myself to others. I will be me! My own wonderful, fun, goofy, crazy, not perfect, beautiful self.











2 comments:
The more posts I read, the more wonderful I think you are, Your an amazing mom!! Like your mom you can make frugil fun and use everything to the best of its use.(did that make sense;) I to am in the creative mood, it must be in the air, I want to do as many projects as I can of course my hubby keeps telling me to finsh one thing before I dream of another. Its fun to dream right. anyway Keep the creative juices going, and post your success..
I read that article about Nie's house... man am I severely lacking in that area! My house is quite drab, but I don't like spending money enough to make it cute. I just need to think outside the box, I suppose.
You are an incredible Mom. You do so much, I'm amazed! Cute crafts by the way.
Post a Comment