Yes, you heard me right 13 years of marriage. Today is our anniversary! I can hear you cheering and clapping and shouting your congratulations and I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your love and support. :) To celebrate this wonderful day, William brought..... me....... home................... a.............. brand................ new........................
BERNINA SEWING MACHINE!!!!!
I was super duper delighted and surprised to find it at the breakfast table right alongside the delicious homemade whole wheat flapjacks my sweet husband made for us this morning as he does many mornings. I am extremely excited...and a bit scared....to use it. It so nice and fancy and new that I think I might break it. My old clunker of a machine was going awry on me constantly so I can hardly even imagine what it will be like to sew on a perfect machine. I think it might feel like a dream....where everything is perfect. More good news is that my fabulous manly man of a husband purchased the machine locally at a store where I can take all the free classes I need to learn how to use my fantastic new machine. I can't wait to get started! Can you even begin to imagine the possibilities? Halloween costumes, quilts, curtains, prom dresses......and the list goes on. Sigh. I just have to sit here in silence for a moment while I grin and think of the amazing feats I will be able to perform with just one machine.
Alright, I'm back. Claire and Jane combined their hard earned money to buy me this sweet thing...because they know how much I LOVE Willow Tree even though I am only just starting my collection. They are so sweet!

You may wonder why I'm at the computer instead of snuggling with my hubby on the couch reminiscing about our years together. The truth of it is that we celebrated by going out to dinner at Hemingways with Walter
(because 5 kids with a babysitter is just too much) where we ate yummy food such as crab legs, zucchini, fish, ribs, salad, clam chowder, yummy fresh pineapple, pears, pasta and more. On the drive home, I sat in the middle seat (we have a sweet Buick with a bench seat) and at every stop light we took some pictures to commemorate our 13 years together.
(because 5 kids with a babysitter is just too much) where we ate yummy food such as crab legs, zucchini, fish, ribs, salad, clam chowder, yummy fresh pineapple, pears, pasta and more. On the drive home, I sat in the middle seat (we have a sweet Buick with a bench seat) and at every stop light we took some pictures to commemorate our 13 years together.
Tonight is Tuesday, which means 'basketball night', so I when we arrived home, I kicked William out the door with orders to show those boys how real men play. So, here I am sharing all my wonderful good new with you.
You may be wondering what my gift to William was. Well, it wasn't tangible, but it is a hard one for me. One that I will be working very hard at for the next year....unless it becomes a habit and then I won't even have to think about it because it will come naturally. My gift was.....to keep my mouth shut, when what I really want to do is tell William how to do something better or more effectively. Ladies...and gentlemen...you probably know what I'm talking about. As a mother, there are times when we feel the need to mother.....everyone. But I don't think William enjoys this too much, so I am giving him the gift of NO Mothering for a year. I hope this gift keeps on giving. I hope he likes it. He said it was better than a brand new Toyota Sienna. Wow!
I promise he loves me. He says I'm the best wife around.
Here are thirteen things I love about my husband besides the fact that he is a comedy genius:
- He's kind hearted.
- He's handsome.
- He can fix anything....fast! Nothing stays broken for long around our house.
- He loves to play with the kids and always takes the time to make them feel special.
- He loves me no matter what...even when I'm crazy.
- He is a hard worker and brings home the bacon without complaining or asking me to get a job.....because I already have one with the five kiddos at home.
- He takes care of everything on my van for me...oil changes, tires, tune-ups....without me even asking....because I don't even know when to ask.
- He knows how to save his money and is debt free!
- He is strong spiritually.
- He is strong physically...you should see his muscles!
- He can garden and grows some great veggies in the summer.
- He makes the best flapjacks you've ever tasted....and they have whole wheat and flax.
- He is mine.....all mine!
Happy Anniversary Willy. I love you!









6 comments:
Okay just a few comments on this wonderful post!
1. The sewing machine rocks! and take those lessons, Jerry gave me a super duper sewing machine years ago with the same offer (free classes) and I never did it, oh how I wish I would have.
2.The pictures where great! so much fun.
3.I love the tribute to your husband who sounds as amazing as mine!
4.I love your gift to him, I think I might use that on our anniversary next month, but poor Jerry has had to take it for 25 years! But he thinks Im the best wife around too, so seceretly they like it ;)
5. Have a fabulous 13+ more!
Happy anniversary! What a milestone. Great man, great kids, super great sewing machine... life just doesn't get an sweeter!
Wow, awesome presents. You will love your Bernina. Mine is 45 years old and still kicking. I would love for it to die so I can break down and get a fancy new one.
How has 13 years gone by so fast? standing in the rain, with my frizzy crazy hair in my burgundy brides' maid's dress...wow, it seems like only yesterday hee hee!
happy 13th you two! what an example you are to our society...no one seems to make it 1/2 as long these days.
Love the pictures of you guys, good-looking as ever!
i'm surprised you can even find time to sew with 5 kiddos! i don't have any and find it hard to make a small rag quilt in a year. anyways, i'm glad you guys had a happy anniversary. and i'm even more glad i get to see you guys soon! i'll get to meet a few cousins i've never met yet! yay! ;)
I am amazed that Will stood (sat)still for all those great pictures. Yeah! Now I can come over and use your sewing machine. JK
Post a Comment