~First off I'd like to thank my wonderful backyard neighbor in Indiana for missing me. It's feels so good to be missed and loved. Connie, I miss and love you too!~
Sorry I've abandoned my blog lately. William was gone for almost a whole month after we got home from our vacation to California. Then he was home for....a long time. I mean FOREVER! It's just hard to get everything done on my list when he's home because all I want to do is play. We've been to soccer games, soccer practice, ice skating, Much Ado About Nothing in the park, Silver Dollar City, chess club, the library, Ritter Springs and a fun barbecue at B and Papa's for Memorial Day. Oh, and I had the best Goodwill/Thrift Store shopping experience. It was about time for another recharge. It just lifts my spirit to come home and share my fabulous buys with a friend. Thank you Amy for being that friend. William didn't much appreciate the adorable onsies, comfy tops, fashionable capris, cute shorts and brand new swim shirts. You think he would, considering it's his money I'm spending...I mean saving. He was a good sport though and sat through the torture of being shown every single item I purchased. Ahhh, it felt so wonderful. Do you think I'm addicted? To thrift store shopping I mean. You know, I think I get a little bit of a shopper's high...with no buyer's remorse. To top it all off, today at Ritter Springs I was able to show off my new brown capris and navy blue shirt.
Why do my ramblings always seem to lead back to Goodwill? It's a good thing there isn't one around the corner from my house or we'd have more than we needed....because it was such a great deal I couldn't pass it up.
Tonight we are off to more soccer games after Claire finishes baking her Haitian Cake for French class. School is officially out but she has just two more lessons to complete. Go Claire! Tomorrow we will celebrate being DONE! Hip, Hip, Hooray!
I have a gazillion pictures to share if I can muster up the strength to get them from my external harddrive to my blog. It's a lot of work, but I might be able to handle it....maybe. Maybe if my kids go to bed before 10:30 pm I can do it. This beautiful summer evenings are sure messing up our schedule.
Do your kids still go to bed early when the sun is high in the sky? If so...how do you do it? I need your secrets...NOW please.
Sorry I've abandoned my blog lately. William was gone for almost a whole month after we got home from our vacation to California. Then he was home for....a long time. I mean FOREVER! It's just hard to get everything done on my list when he's home because all I want to do is play. We've been to soccer games, soccer practice, ice skating, Much Ado About Nothing in the park, Silver Dollar City, chess club, the library, Ritter Springs and a fun barbecue at B and Papa's for Memorial Day. Oh, and I had the best Goodwill/Thrift Store shopping experience. It was about time for another recharge. It just lifts my spirit to come home and share my fabulous buys with a friend. Thank you Amy for being that friend. William didn't much appreciate the adorable onsies, comfy tops, fashionable capris, cute shorts and brand new swim shirts. You think he would, considering it's his money I'm spending...I mean saving. He was a good sport though and sat through the torture of being shown every single item I purchased. Ahhh, it felt so wonderful. Do you think I'm addicted? To thrift store shopping I mean. You know, I think I get a little bit of a shopper's high...with no buyer's remorse. To top it all off, today at Ritter Springs I was able to show off my new brown capris and navy blue shirt.
Why do my ramblings always seem to lead back to Goodwill? It's a good thing there isn't one around the corner from my house or we'd have more than we needed....because it was such a great deal I couldn't pass it up.
Tonight we are off to more soccer games after Claire finishes baking her Haitian Cake for French class. School is officially out but she has just two more lessons to complete. Go Claire! Tomorrow we will celebrate being DONE! Hip, Hip, Hooray!
I have a gazillion pictures to share if I can muster up the strength to get them from my external harddrive to my blog. It's a lot of work, but I might be able to handle it....maybe. Maybe if my kids go to bed before 10:30 pm I can do it. This beautiful summer evenings are sure messing up our schedule.
Do your kids still go to bed early when the sun is high in the sky? If so...how do you do it? I need your secrets...NOW please.






3 comments:
The weather HAS been beautiful! I have been able to get my kids to bed just about a half hour later than bedtime lately, but our school isn't out yet. We just try to keep the schedule going through summer so they'll be ready when they have to start getting up early again. Good luck!
Hi Marie,
I have to go private with my blog for a while. Been getting some scary anonymous comments....
So if you can e-mail me at happinessisshared@gmail.com, I can invite you to be a reader. :) Sorry about the inconvenience.
It stays light here FOREVER in the summer... so we've slightly altered bedtime... they can stay up until 8 (IF they're good), but I'm sure it may even get pushed back to 9 when school is out. But the sun is still blazing through the windows at that time... too bad for them! (Is that cruel?)
Post a Comment