You know how we always dressed up in 70's stuff if we wanted to look like our parents did back in the day? Well now the youth are all dressed up in 80's. Saw some great outfits tonight. Neon shirts, head bands, leggings, off the shoulder shirts (with shirts underneath), side pony tails, workout clothes, it was all there. They crack me up!
I had the pleasure of bogeying down, I mean chaperoning our youth dance this evening. What a workout! It was some of the best music I have heard in a while. Footloose, Cotton-eyed Joe and of course Party in the USA! Okay, I'm kind of joking, well not really....everything had a great beat.
Sore feet, sweaty pits, tons of fun. I wish there was one every weekend. Why am I the only leader out on the floor dancing?
I had the pleasure of bogeying down, I mean chaperoning our youth dance this evening. What a workout! It was some of the best music I have heard in a while. Footloose, Cotton-eyed Joe and of course Party in the USA! Okay, I'm kind of joking, well not really....everything had a great beat.
Sore feet, sweaty pits, tons of fun. I wish there was one every weekend. Why am I the only leader out on the floor dancing?






3 comments:
We NEVER have dances out here and I would love to go. I love to dance. Before we had kids I would always ask James, "How could we get ourselves appointed chaperones at a youth dance?" But now that I'm in YW we don't even have dances. Bummer.
Your dances sound soooo fun. Here in Utah, kids don't attend the dances! It's such a rip off. Rocklin Stake dances are still huge and are held once a month! (another reason to move back to Loomis!)
Funny how the 80's has made a comeback! Funny how my girls will walk around singing "Friday, I'm in Love!" It's pretty awesome!
Glad you had such a fun trip!! it was really cool seein' ya at the reception. It's always nice going home! Gene and I had a nice chat with your dad, too! He never ages, does he? Seriously! He still looks exactly like Bishop Medlar when we first moved into first ward. awesome guy!
keep boogy-ing!!!
Yeah, I miss the LDS dances!!!! I started going when I was 14, but I didnt really dance untill I was 17....and once the rythim got me...it never let go!!!
Emma
Post a Comment