Tomorrow, William and I celebrate our 15th anniversary! I LOVE him. We are flying out to Arizona for a family celebration in honor of William's parents' 50th anniversary. The kiddos are staying home and have a big ole' party with Grandma C who is here for two weeks. They are looking forward to lots of cooking, sewing, treats, movies and computer time. I'm pretty sure they will LOVE every minute of it.
Yes, I am fly at 34.5 weeks pregnant. Yes, I have an appointment with my midwife in the morning to make sure everything is a go. Yes, I will have a doctor's note since Allegiant Airlines does not permit air travel when less than 45 days away from delivery. Yes, I will have my medical records with me just in case. Yes, I have checked out where the closest hospital is to where we are staying. No, I have never gone into labor more than 3 days before my due date.
I am not expecting an early delivery this time around, but hey...maybe it would be exciting to have a baby on an airplane. Maybe it would be cool to have a baby born in Arizona while we live in Missouri. Maybe not. I expect to arrive home Sunday evening, 35 weeks pregnant, big and round and ready to set up the bassinet and buy some teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy baby diapers. I LOVE newborn diapers! Don't you?
Guess what? There is a BABY inside my tummy! How crazy is that? Seriously. If I could see through my skin, I could see my little baby kicking and squirming and growing! It's a miracle! I LOVE going to bed at night and feeling my baby tumble around and use every muscle she has to push my not-so-elastic belly into strange shapes. She is a strong one, I tell ya.
Have you seen The Business of Being Born?
I have.
Twice.
I LOVE it.






1 comment:
Congrats to you and William!!
15 years! Awesome!!
I hope you two had a great trip. :)
Okay, so I admit I was wondering a little about you flying so close to your due date... :)
Yes, Spring is just around the corner...what a perfect time for a baby! :)
Post a Comment