Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm Sewing Again!

Time has been flying! So has William, on lots of trips for work. Poor guy has a bad cold right now which is making his bronchitis flare up again. I vote for moving to the ocean or the dessert. Either of those would be warmer and good for his bronchitis. Who's coming?

I have discovered I love being crafty more than I thought I would. The bad part is, it is difficult to be crafty and accomplish other duties around the house simultaneously. Do not fear though. Everyone was fed and put to bed at a decent hour yesterday. The kids all did their Saturday chores and I sewed. What great fun it was! I guess my Saturday chores will have to wait till Monday.



Supposedly this was to be a 2-hour project. Maybe with more practice I can start coming close to par, but for me it was more like an all-day project. I loved how it turned out though.
If you would like to make your own, I got the idea from the Do It Yourself Divas.


My only regret is not making it sooner so I could enjoy it longer. Eleanor will be one-year old in a couple months and will soon be moving up to a big-girl car seat. Then I'll have to give it a hug and kiss good-bye and put it away until Betsy has a girl. No pressure on Betsy, I like hanging on to my baby things for as long as possible. Heck, Betsy might not even think it's cute. Then I'll just have to keep it forever and save it for my grand-babies. Kidding! Kind-of.



For now, it is Eleanor's 10-month birthday gift. See what I mean by time flying? She got her first tooth December 10th and here we are a month later and she has four!


She is a happy little gal and Jane is her best buddy.

In other news.....did you know Hank is a Wolf Scout? He's the one on the far end.


What a handsome guy!

3 comments:

emma said...

Hey, thanks for the photos.

emma said...

I remember when she cut her first tooth. Good times. You're probably sick of hearing this, but Elsie is a gorgeous baby.

Marie said...

Emma, I will never get sick of hearing how gorgeous my baby is. Thank you. I hope you are having tons of fun!