Then I know this has happened to you. Maybe it wasn't the church bag. For you it might have been under the couch, under the covers, under the middle seat in your mini van, in the diaper bag, how about the toy box, or if you're lucky enough outside under the trampoline. Here's my story.
I was looking for my church keys when I remembered they were still in my church bag. I found the bag next to my bedside table. Of course I haven't touched, looked in, peeked in or even thought about organizing the bag since it was last in my lap on Sunday. During Sunday School I did think about how badly I needed to go through some of that "stuff". So, tonight I open the bag and get a whiff of the worst smell, I mean stench... ever. I quickly think back to what snacks I brought for my pregnant self on Fast Sunday. What could have rotted so quickly (it's only been four days) in this cute MaryKay tote of mine?
UGGGH! It hits me. It's the stinky, moldy, curdled milk in the sippy cup I brought for Kate. Why did I bring it for Kate? Why oh WHY? I pull it out along with a stack of Young Women papers I will have to replace and an adorable but now stinky book that used to occupy Kate during church. I put the papers in the trash, the book in the garage, the sippy cup on the counter and the church bag on the bed to be dealt with later. I was late for mutual and had to rush out the door.
My poor sister Betsy was the unlucky one to find in her words, "the sour cream in the sippy cup". What a saint she is for washing it. When I got home I emptied out the rest of the bag and amazingly found that nothing else had been damaged. Hopefully the tote cleans up nicely and still looks nice after a thorough washing. Have I learned my lesson? Probably not, it's just a matter of time before I'm reminded why I don't take sippy cups of milk to church.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
funny you should mention it....just today I rescued our room from a rotting banana that was stuffed in our suitcase from our weekend trip.
It is also not uncommon to find sour milk or fermented apple juice in sippy cups under my car seats.
Oh wow does this story hit home!!! I think I have found sour milk in a sippy cup 8 too many times since I've had Ezra! Why do I NOT learn? I know why...I get home from church, I"m starving and tired and put my bag down to rush off to get dinner out of the oven and onto the table as quickly as possible! the bag remains in its "church bag place" for a week, untouched, until I find it there the next Sunday!
YUUUUUCK!
We mommies have all done this several times..... and it's always disgusting and gross!!
Hopefully your tot won't be ruined!
It's funny how we all have a church bag and a church bag spot!!
Post a Comment