Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Long Hair Makes Great Wigs

Stopped in at the school office after working at the book fair this morning and found out that tomorrow is our local school's annual Locks of Love Donation Assembly. Claire almost cried when I told her for fear she would miss it, so she called the principal and got put on the list for the big chop, chop. Jane decided she couldn't be left out so she signed up too.

There will be 47 donors total and television news cameras too I'm sure. I believe this is the largest group we've had so far. Every year it grows a little more!

Claire is so ecstatic. Her hair is extremely thick and feels hot on her neck when the weather is warm. Jane, on the other hand is a bit apprehensive. She wants to donate, but she also LOVES her long hair. She spends lot of time in front of the mirror combing, brushing and styling.

I am secretly so excited to get rid of their long hair. Oh, the freedom of short hair....no tangles, no rat nests, no snarls, less shampoo, less conditioner, less combing, less brushing, more time. Do you see the smile on my face? I can't believe it's actually tomorrow!

It's all just so,
so,
sudden!

Do you think I should have them get A-lines or bobs? Do you think I'll actually have a say in how they cut it? Who am I kidding? I think my girls have their own ideas.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

That's so cool that their school does that! I've been wanting to cut my girls hair too! They hate having it brushed every morning and night but they won't let me or anyone else cut it. I think little girls with bob's are cute! But maybe your girls don't want to look cute anymore. A-lines would probably make them look more grown up. Good luck! You will post pictures of the before and after right?