Soccer, soccer and more soccer. Five times this week to be exact. Well, nine if you count each practice and game, but really only five days at the soccer fields. Only five. On the bright side, my kids are getting exercise, I'm working on my tan and I get to yell at the kids in a positive way. All is well.
Oh wait, that last phrase just jogged my memory. I will be missing my kiddos' last soccer games because I will be pushing a handcart over 8 miles of chiggers, rocks and streams. I can't wait to dress up in my pioneer clothes (thank you Mom!) and live my dream life. The children will still be getting their exercise at the soccer park while I work on my tan on the trail. The yelling will have to wait until I get back home. I'll send a camera with William to document the last games of the season while I'm off singing "For some must push and some must pull....."
Oh wait, that last phrase just jogged my memory. I will be missing my kiddos' last soccer games because I will be pushing a handcart over 8 miles of chiggers, rocks and streams. I can't wait to dress up in my pioneer clothes (thank you Mom!) and live my dream life. The children will still be getting their exercise at the soccer park while I work on my tan on the trail. The yelling will have to wait until I get back home. I'll send a camera with William to document the last games of the season while I'm off singing "For some must push and some must pull....."






1 comment:
I was supposed to go on our TREK too, but then I was uninvited! Can you believe the nerve? Can you believe the stake wants minimal adult participation so that the kids have to take on the responsibility themselves? The nerve. Oh well. I'm on my own trek here figuring out how to get through the summer and keep us all happy and healthy! HAVE FUN!
Post a Comment