Saturday, August 29, 2009

Is It Bedtime Yet?

I think I'm tired and grumpy. Do you know the feeling? The kind of feeling you get after a short night, a long day, just enough bickering to rub you the wrong way and paint all over everyone and everything....outside thankfully.

But I do love that beautiful deep brown sunflower with sunny petals peeking over the top of the shed like a good friend stopping in to say hello. I love the crickets chirping and the weird bugs playing their cymbals in my backyard. Why don't I like the giggles and footsteps and joking coming from the kitchen? Why don't I enjoy that? Is it because I've asked them a zillion times to finish up their kitchen chores and brush their teeth?

Maybe it's because I'm just tired and grumpy. Yes that's it. Because really, giggles and footsteps and happy voices from my girls' mouths are the most wonderful sounds I could hear. They are friends. They are playmates. They share a room now! They want to stay up late and do projects together and make plans for the afternoon when they're done with schoolwork.

Oh and I love the gorgeous sunset. The colors mushing together in the clouds and calming my mind. It feels good to just sit and relax and realize I do have many blessings in my life...even when it's been a short night and a long day.

So, tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow I will have renewed energy and rested children and an hour and 10 minutes to wrestle them all on a padded pew while trying to feel something spiritual. Wish me luck!

Do you have evenings like this? Am I all alone here? Hey, I know I"m not...even if no one else admits it. :)

4 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I admit it. . .

Jennifer (Fern) said...

I hear ya! You are not alone!

Maureen said...

Sorry never felt that way before..Just kidding..I feel that way now...I like your positive spin on it at the end..

The Close's Place said...

No one can deny experiencing this. I'm with ya and I've only got 2.