Monday, March 15, 2010

Late Night Snack

Mmmmm. Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Dark Chocolate frosting on graham crackers. Why is it that delicious? I'm going to make myself sick. Time for some fruit.

I feel like a contestant on American Idol every Monday. Let me tell you why. You see, I'm helping with the music for our Homeschool Co-op play which means it's me behind the piano singing my heart out, pounding on the keys and swaying with the beat while the kids try to catch on to the tune. Well not really, but it sounded funny. I'll try again. It's me behind the piano trying to play the right notes while teaching eager 10 and 11 year olds and not so eager 12 and 13 year olds catchy tunes for the upcoming play. After I think they have it down, I make them stand around the piano and sing to me. I LOVE it! It's so much fun listening to their beautiful voices blend together singing a song I just taught them. We've learned four songs and I think we have a few more to learn. I thought I was just going to be playing the piano and helping out, but it has turned into me teaching all the music. I get to stand up front, make a fool out of myself, show the kids it's okay to be silly and crazy and sing like a contestant on American Idol. All this while my children are in their own classes doing art, p.e., music and drama. Except Walter who is in the nursery playing with trucks and taking a nap. Oh, and poor Claire who is a student in the music and drama class where her mom is the one standing up front looking like fool and not caring about it. Hey, I love those kids and I like to think I'm starting to grow on them too.

Did you know the car repair men work on your car with amazing speed if you let your children sit in all the fancy cars in the show room while they are working on your vehicle? It's amazing the speed at which those men can get a job done. Hey, we didn't damage a thing. We were just dreaming and having a little fun, that's all. Walter kept saying, "I jive, I jive!"

Any tricks of motherhood you care to pass on?

4 comments:

greenolive said...

I'll have to keep that trick in mind next time.

Jennifer (Fern) said...

WHAT A GREAT TIP! I BET YOU'VE JUST SAVED ME HOURS OF HEADACHES!

EmmaP said...

tee hee on the car showroom. by the way, another good snack is betty crocker rich creamy chocolate frosting on 1 graham cracker and marshmallow cream on another. like a s'more sandwich! mmm!

ali said...

I can just imagine you and your crew "test driving" all the fancy cars. good for a laugh, anyway. I am equally as entertained by imagining you bee-bopping to the piano music. I wish I was a student of yours for the school play!