I have dirt which has taken up permanent residence in the cracks of my skin. My fingers are dry, scratchy and a bit tender. But, I'm not complaining because I absolutely LOVE that I was able to dig around in the dirt all day today. Sure, Walter did not get a nap until 3:40 and dinner was not made until 7 pm, but I did get three flower beds cleaned out. The Russian Sage has been trimmed back, you can see the daffodils, the black-eyed susans have successful been divided, and all the monkey grass is cut. My feet are grubby, I need a shower and I'm content as can be with my day in the dirt. Only downside to a beautiful day like today is poor Walter's neck is sun burned. I hope the aloe helps it turn to a tan quickly. I'm putting the sunscreen on the counter as a reminder to use it, next time his fair skin ventures into the backyard. I am loving this warm weather after our weekend snow and ice storm. What did you love about today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Marie,
Walter is scared of earth worms? Awwww, I don't blame the little guy, those things are creepy.
I hope Walter's neck feels better in the morning. I hate sunburns!
Emma c
Post a Comment