When we arrived home from church today, everyone stuffed their bellies with leftovers and then were given an assigned area to tidy up. Within 15 minutes, the kitchen and living room were spic and span and everyone had a small treat to munch on outside. To be fair, I did give a few gentle reminders that it was Mother's Day and everyone was chipping in and a reward was involved. Walter, Elsie and I took and nap and were awakened a few hours later by the aroma of German Pancakes baking in the oven. Now, I don't mean to brag, but don't I have the best kids? Claire felt bad because they ate the first batch without me while I was nursing Eleanor, but we all enjoyed the second batch together. I was overjoyed there was food to eat and I didn't have to make it.
I hope your Mother's Day was as rewarding as mine. Happy Mother's Day to all my wonderful friends~ whether you are a mother now, or will be in the future. I love you all!






No comments:
Post a Comment