Friday, September 28, 2007

Gave Me a Good Scare!

I almost jumped out of my seat tonight while checking on comments left for me. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy comments immensely. I love them, I yearn for them, I hope for them...but...after a previous post and Ali making a comment about "poor James what if he was reading this?" It got me thinking. What if James did read this? That's impossible.

Well, guess who the next comment was from. Yep, you guessed it... JAMES! It about gave me a heart attack and I'm pretty sure I squealed with fear. But then I got a hold on my senses and read on. It was good ole James Gillice from our crazy days in Nevada City.

Here's to bumping into old friends in the blog world. I love it....almost as much as getting comments on my posts! Sorry Ali, now I have 4 people who have read my blog and I'm pretty sure he saw your picture...and mine too. I found James through Kelly...and how did you find him Kelly?

Anyway (as I ramble on at 1:00 in the morning) I think we are safe for now. The kids have no school tomorrow which means no early morning lunch packing or catching the bus. It means Katie standing at the edge of my bed saying, "Cer-rall Mom. I wan cer-rall." It means sleeping in anyway and waking up to a table covered in cheerios and milk which is still dripping from the edge into the growing puddle on the floor. It means taking an hour to clean up the mess that was made during the hour I slept in past my children.

Where is Betsy when I need her? Oh yeah, she's across the hall sleeping in too...with the darkening blind pulled in complete and utter bliss.

Tomorrow night I'm having the Young Women over for "Chick Flicks and a Sleepover" and yes, I know I'm crazy. But that's me right? You wouldn't expect anything different. Wish me luck, I won't be back on here until at least Saturday evening...if I'm still functioning.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desta said...

Luckily Zoe doesn't do cereal and milk yet. I just throw some Chex on a chair or the coffee table, hit play on the Baby Einsteins and go back to bed. Most days that buys me almost an hour!
On a completely unrelated note, how do you feel about Ashley getting the boot? I think she could have had some potential, but I am glad that this tribe seems to be breaking the cycle of "irresponsible tribes pinning all of the troubles on the one person who volunteers to take the reins, so they vote them out." However misplaced and loud their guidance tends to be. I do adore the other tribe, though. Even if THEIR ringleader is a self-proclaimed gay Mormon. I still blurt out "I love this show" in a giddy squeal while I watch....

Unknown said...

Sorry I scared you like that Marie.

Well, I guess I'm not too sorry because it was kind of funny.

And Kelly didn't find me, I found her through Brian and Hillary Wiest who know Robbie Jibson.

It's a crazy small NorCal Mormon world.

Jennifer (Fern) said...

Hey, now you can count me as one more person who enjoys your blog! An amazingly small world!

Dad (Grandpa Jerry) said...

Marie,

I am your newest blogger looks like and have posted several comments to your blogs. This is the first day I have gone through your site completely. It's great. I went to the Sacramento Temple this Wednesday. As I was walking to the front gate I noticed a young man in levis and a t-shirt walking from across the parking lot with his church clothes in hand. As he drew nearer he called out, "Hey, Bishop Medlar!" I looked at him closer (couldn't make out the face distinctly from that far) and didn't say anything until I figured out who it was. Even then I didn't say his name until I was sure. I hadn't seen him for a few years and he has changed some. It was Travis Biggs! It was great to see him. He stated that he took over his dad's flooring business and makes a run to the dump once a week. He goes to the temple afterwards - great use of time.