Curses Cara for giving me such a delicious pumpkin cookie recipe that I am going to gain 10 pounds this month instead of the alloted 4! Thess babies are bite size morsels of heaven. I can't stop eating them. In fact, I am going to have to make another batch because I already told the Young Women I was bringing them to mutual tonight and they will be half way gone before it's even lunch time. HELP! I knew there was a reason why I usually wait till the last minute to make a treat before I scurry out the door. Now, I remember why. Curse these pregnancy hormones which make me forget everything in the past, forget everything on my to-do list and forget everything I ever learned about healthy eating. Poor William, I think he has nightmares about how his huge elephant of a wife is going to look after the baby is born. He even gave me a talk about how eating too much sugar during pregnancy can cause your children to have diabetes....AND he casually invites me to join him on his 4 mile walks every other day. Are these signs that he is worried? Like I said, I think I need professional help!
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
hey,juz drop by to say it's reli hard to be a mother like you and wanna give you some support in taking care of ur children..wat u need to do is relax n do some aromatherapy n lastly reduce the intake of sugar for ur own good n ur children as well..
Hi Marie! Glad you like the recipe -- but believe me, I know how dangerous those cookies are! I think I ate about 2 dozen all by myself!
As for your icing question, I did not add anything to them. Maybe you need to brown the butter a bit longer? That's the only thing I can think of that would make a difference. To me, the icing doesn't distinctly taste like any of the ingredients.
P.S. When are you due? I was due...yesterday. Still waiting around for this guy to show up. :)
Cara - I think you're right about browning the butter longer. I might have had the heat to high so it browned the bottom but not all the butter. They are still delicious though.
I'm due around March 11th. Right now I'm at the stage of looking pudgy but not pregnant. The shirts on the clearance rack at JC Penney saved me. They're baby doll and will be perfect for after the baby too!
PS I've already eaten over a dozen and it's only been a couple of hours. YIKES!
Lily- I'll try to cut back on the sugar intake :)
I am sure you are doing fine. You probably aren't pairing your sugar intake with a #1 from McDonalds (like I am). My child will have diabetes and high cholesterol.
Post a Comment