And no, I don't mean football, or airplanes, or spaceships.
I mean a tornado touched down!!!
Actually, several did. For approximately 12 hours from 4 pm until 4 am, Monday night into Tuesday morning, our county was under tornado warning after tornado warning. We had lightning, thunder, hail, winds, rain, flooding...it was a real doozy! Thankfully, our home and family were protected.
Actually, several did. For approximately 12 hours from 4 pm until 4 am, Monday night into Tuesday morning, our county was under tornado warning after tornado warning. We had lightning, thunder, hail, winds, rain, flooding...it was a real doozy! Thankfully, our home and family were protected.Amazingly, our backyard looked completely untouched. Hank's cowboy hat was still right next to the trampoline where he had left it. It's a miracle.
On the other hand, the neighbors had a nice sized trampoline propped up against their house that they did not own when they had went to bed that night. I wonder what they thought had happened when that thing hit the house. And where in the world did it come from? They have a privacy fence, so it obviously blew in from somewhere.
We stayed at Grandma B and Papa's where there is a basement in case of an eminent threat until about 9:30 and then decided it was bedtime. The kids needed their sleep with school the next day and we figured if it was our time to go, so be it!
At 1:00 am and 2:30 am we had to turn the tv on because of the wailing tornado sirens and thundering storm to check the radar and make sure we were in the clear. It was a bit nerve racking, but we made it through unscathed...I think I just used that word in a recent post. Sorry, I didn't get much college in and my vocabulary seems to be suffering.Silly me, I called my parents in the morning to let them know we made it through just fine so they could stop worrying. They weren't even home and when I finally talked to them they said, "Oh, were you in danger? We didn't even know!" Doesn't anyone watch the news anymore? Actually, I don't either, so who am I to point fingers?
p.s. The tornado pictures where taken by a brave resident of Greene County with his cell phone! I stole them from the channel 10 website. If I saw that coming, I'd be hiding in someone's basement for sure!






6 comments:
scary stuff, glad you guys are fine.
We have tons of snow here. CA is getting tons of rain! Yea for winter.
I can't wait for spring!
yet another reason i am so glad to be living outside of missouri. although i left MO for oklahoma, which had even more frequent tornadoes. maybe i'll post a few pictures from my last MO tornado one of these blogging days. they are ugly things.
either way, MO and OK are crossed off my list of places i ever want to live again. glad to be out of both. and glad you guys made it through unscathed. was toto alright?
Okay, I know you don't care, but sometimes I like to listen to the emergency warning system on my satellite radio because it has great weather. I always listen with interest to the tornado warnings and wonder what they are really like. Now you've satisfied my curiousity. Thanks!
I am sweating for you!! How scary!! And I am so thankful to hear that you and your almost done bun were not outside taking pictures of that thing!!
I saw that on the news and I was trying to see how close it was to you! I'm so glad you are ok! I've been thinking about you. Glad all is well. I miss you!
Holy Cow Scary! Did the kids get any sleep that night? I am so freaked out of Torandos, something about the sound and the green witch from the Wizaed of Oz... Glad you were safe and the house was unscathed.
Post a Comment