Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cousin Will

Here is my awesome cousin Will Otto who is serving in the Navy ... and yes ladies he's single.


Well at least he was when I talked to him last, um let me think TWO years ago. Hey, he's in the Navy, floating around in the ocean on big ships, I mean Naval vessels or carriers. Betsy took this great picture when he stayed with us in Indiana for Christmas in 2004 right after he finished Basic Training in Illinois. He's very important and funny and Betsy and I LOVE hanging out with him.

Six years ago in 2002, (has it really been that long?) Betsy, Will and I went swimming in the river in Oregon at the Falls (my Grandma's house) at MIDNIGHT because Will was so bummed we wouldn't swim with him on Sunday. So to stick to the letter of the law we waited until the clock struck 12 and went for a dip in the CHILLY water. It's kind of spooky swimming in the deep dark river with only the moonlight, but it's another one of those thrilling things you just have to try.

This picture was taken at 22 minutes after midnight when we made it back safely from the Falls.


Wow, I look a little bit scary...and I was a little bit pregnant with Alma. Anywho, my brother Neil asked for Will's Navy picture in the snow and because the only thing I'm smart enough to do is post to my blog I told him he could steal the picture from here.

So here I am a day later finishing up this post because at midnight blogger and a few other sights wouldn't work anymore and I couldn't even put the picture up for Neil to get. Long story short, I called Neil at 1:00am and he had the brilliant idea to send him to him through snapfish. Worked like a charm.

Neil asking me for this picture got me thinking about all the fun times I've had with Will and Betsy so I dug out five photo albums and three photo boxes and stayed up way too late.

I think Will is about three years old and his brother Sean had just finished basic training. Will thought he was so cool! Yes Sir! or is it Aye, aye Captain!


Gorgeous me with the tucked in t-shirt and belt. All my little cousins use to call me Aunt Marie. Now they're bigger than me and we're just cousins again.


Here's my brother Nathan, sister Betsy and cousin Will swimming at the Falls in 1997. Cute haircut Bets!



Here's Will and Betsy giving Claire and Jane horsey rides and body painting while I was napping because I was so exhausted from the effects of pregnancy. That first trimester really wears me out.


On this same trip we took the kids swimming down river at the Hippo Pool by Auntie Sue and here we have Will once again showing what an awesome guy he is.


Thanks Will for serving our country and me. Thanks for being such a wonderful cousin. I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's me. Do i get royalties or something for that?

I might be able to see you all the weekend after thanksgiving but I don't know still.

Marie said...

Royalties? Do you think I get paid for this? I wish! Sorry no money coming your way.

The weekend after???? Why not the week of? We have kids in school, jobs, life....can't you come at the scheduled time? PLEASE?