Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

It's late (1 am) and I should be sleeping, but instead I wait up just a bit longer hoping the garage door will grind it's gears and my sweet Willum will walk though the door. I know it won't happen until 2:00 am so why do I wait? Why did a chunk of the race track have to come out twice and delay the race and then BP's guy had to win so the party went on and on and now my hubby the chauffeur gets to take everyone home before he can hit the sack.? Did that make sense? I know I will succumb to my droopy eyelids before he makes it home, but it's still so hard for me to get in my lonely bed when he's away.

Happy Valentine's Day Sweetie. You do know I have the best husband around. He loves me, he provides, he helps out, he is a fantastic father, he is hilarious, he has a great sense of humor, he thinks I'm pretty and he says I'm stuck with him so I might as well get used to it. I'm so glad to be stuck with him....forever.

It amazes me when I think back fourteen years ago to the day we were married and I was so in love, or so I thought. My love for him has grown more than I could have imagined. It is stronger, deeper and more constant. And the best part is I like him too. How lucky I am to have found such a wonderful manly man to have by my side?

Being Valentine's Day I enjoyed many sweet happenings around here. The kids set the table with all the frills for dinner, Wally made the cutest card with his hand print in nursery, Claire reminded her siblings during a fight that is was a day of love, Kate gave me kisses with her big lips, Walter fell asleep on me (rarely happens) while I told him the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears and Jane made me a card with a sweet message of love, but the sweetest was Hank sitting next to Walter's crib reading him a bedtime story. I think my heart melted. Such love.

Today I accompanied the primary children on the flute while they sang "Love One Another". I heard reports that instead of singing, Hank just smiled at the congregation with a look of absolute adoration. Or maybe it was humiliation. I'm not sure. I'm a bit rusty seeing how I haven't played much since high school. But hey, it's like riding a bike, right? I also had the pleasure of teaching the Beehives since two leaders were MIA, which reminds me I need to call them and make sure all is well. Of course not tonight, but it's on the list for tomorrow. Beehives are a fun bunch of girls I'll have you know. They love to comment and ask questions and really get into the lesson. Such fun we had. Seriously. I know it sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but I'm being completely genuine. Not one of those Beehives were texting, in a daze or falling asleep. Such sweet girls they are.

Can I just say, Darn that caramel syrup recipe Ali gave to us? Maybe it would have been better for my health if that delicious recipe had been kept behind lock and key by those recipe hoarders. First I stuffed myself before church and now I've gone and eaten a hearty serving after midnight. I have come to believe Ali's words that making German Pancakes is just an excuse to have more syrup. It's that good....and unhealthy.

So I'm really off to bed. Really. After I brush, floss, take my vitamin, read my scriptures, warm up my toesies and snuggle in by myself in hope that I'll hear that garage door rumble open as my eyelids close. Who is getting up with the kids in the morning? Oh wait, it is morning! Good night.

3 comments:

greenolive said...

I love german pancakes and if there is something out there that will make them even more amazing you must clue me in. Also, I'm curious, did you ever get to falling asleep or did you stay up till he got home?

Anonymous said...

Marie,
I just knew you were cool! Bjork plays the flute too! I'm really seeing a pattern of super cool people favoring that instrument. Anyways, the Valentines Day tribute to your husband was really sweet. :)

Emma

ali said...

it's one of the reasons my husband and I are fat. carmel syrup........yum!!!