Today I've been sick in bed. Well, I did spend a bit of time cleaning up the disaster in the kitchen from breakfast and snacks, and I watched The Black Stallion with the kids, but that's about it. I think it's just a really bad cold, but I don't feel so super. On the plus side, I've been able to get some reading done which was piling up. Oh, I hate feeling icky. No fun!
William has been valiantly fixing up our loser KIA so we can sell it. We're really wanting to get a car that seats a few more so we can bring friends along and not be so squished. We had an airbag light on in the van and found out for $70.00 that it was the wires in the seat belt buckles that had gone bad. They would fix it for us that afternoon for just $475.oo. Are you kidding me? I'd already spent three hours in a tiny room with four kids waiting for them to find out why the light was on. I couldn't imagine staying there any longer. Plus I had a life to live and I was going crazy. I told William I didn't need an airbag, but he's just that wonderful and found buckles on a van in the junkyard. In an hour he had the old ones out and the new ones installed. Monday we go in to make sure they are connected with the airbag, so it will actually deploy if we are in an accident.
Hopefully tomorrow I have more energy, but if not, I've got a few more good reads waiting by my bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
sorry no fun.
I had that yucky cold last week. It just drains you. I love the Black Stallion - I think that is going to be our family movie on Sunday - thanks for the hint! Feel better and is it inappropriate for me to say I love your man! What a great guy to get in there and fix the problem! I love that.
what a bummer ... being sick is no fun and I bet it's worse when you have 5 kids running around and you can't really rest. I hope you feel better by now. Love ya!
Post a Comment