Wednesday, April 7, 2010

How is it that in two and a half short years my blog has gone to pits? I used to think about blogging constantly. Now it's a flitting thought which leaves before it even has a chance to settle in my brain. So sorry to disappoint. I've been trying to think what exciting news I could share, but nothing comes to mind. I feel like I should consult my calendar since my brain doesn't seem to be working. Next week my mom arrives and we are driving to Austin Texas for my cousin's wedding. Kate even gets to be the flower girl. It will be our first real road trip in Samson. We are hoping for quiet kids, smooth roads and great gas mileage. If all else fails, we will try to just have fun.

I watched Mansfield Park today (guilty pleasure) and have decided I love Jane Austen. Too bad her life wasn't as lovely as those she wrote about. I love that all her books have a happy ending. It's comforting to know all will be well in the end with her. I'm sure I have a gazillion other things I should be doing, but it came from the library and I only get it for a week and so I had to watch it.

My kids are taking full advantage of being done with school work for the day and mom locked in the bedroom while Walter naps and have been playing on the computer. It's time to kick them off, feed them a proper supper and go to mutual. I'm looking forward to reading a good book when I get home tonight. I love a good book.

Boring, I know. If something exciting happens, I'll be sure to inform you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why so dismal, dude? I don't know why I always thought of you as the happy-go-lucky type, when you are clearly a brooding, poetic, philosophical hippie. :) I love your web log! Maybe because your life is so different than mine.
I love Austin! I lived there for a couple of months. The people there are so laid-back. When my sister and I stopped at a red light we started looking for something, and we didn't realize that the light turned green 'cause the person
behind us didn't even honk at all.
Yes, Jane Austen is great. I tried to read Pride and Prejudice once. I still remember the line, "every person has a tendency towards a particular evil".
I didn't know the name you picked for your van was Samson. You were refering to your vehicle, right? Well, I actually was hoping you'd continue to call your auto Vanna, but the name Samson rocks too. Hahaha...can you imagine what the interview process for Vanna White was like? "So, are you familiar with the alphabet? Great. Now if a square was flashing....."

I hope you had a good time at Mutual. Love Ya!

greenolive said...

I'm a big Austin fan myself. Why didn't we ever have an Austin marathon? Oh well. Have fun on your trip with your momma.

Shilo and Betsy said...

I love your blog, even without lots of pictures and crazy stories. But I do love pictures.