Saturday, February 23, 2008

Banana Bread For Betsy

Have I completely lost all my viewers yet? I don't mean to bore all of you with these random posts, but my wonderful sister Betsy needs this recipe and I'm willing to share it with all of you too. Enjoy!

BANANA BREAD from my mom Cindy from Kurt Engbersen

Cream Together:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs


Mix Together and Set Aside:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt

Blend Into Creamed Mixture:
5 Tbsp. sour milk
(add 1 tsp. vinegar to 5 Tbsp. milk to make it sour)
3-4 ripe bananas
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix in dry ingredients.
Add 1 cups nuts (optional)

Pour into greased loaf pans (2)
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or LESS!
After cooled remove from pans and wrap in plastic wrap. This makes the bread nice and soft.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm ... this stuff is delicious! Thank you so much, you're the best sister. And no, I'm not just saying that because you are my only sister. I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I should know better than to read a blog from my daughter (who is such a fantastic cook) while I am still fasting. Man that banana bread looks really............good!

Dad