Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blurkers and Barfers

First of all, I'd like to give a shout out to my new blurkers from Missouri. Welcome to Republic, Springfield, Mount Vernon, Halltown, Sarcoxie and Miller! Woo HOO! If I missed any of you I apologize. If I named you, then leave a comment...please? Oh, I sound so pathetic. I promise I do have friends.

Last night was a repeat of the night before only to a lesser degree and with a new child. Sorry no pictures. I'm washing my hands constantly and touching as few things as possible. Clorox wipes and a bottle of watered down bleach are my new best friends.

Hank was the latest victim of the 24 hour bug and was so sweet about it. After his 3 am bath I tucked him back into a newly made bed with towels and a barf bucket. He insisted he didn't need any of it because he "didn't have no more fro-up Mom". I told him to keep it just in case.

I awoke pleasantly this morning to find he was true to his word. And...even though I made him keep the bucket close by all morning, he never had to use it. Hooray! It was probably because he had seen his sister puke in it the day before and thought that it was too germy to get close to. He kept telling me "ew, it tinky Mommy," but I assured him I had washed it with soap and hot water.

Today was a barf-free day, although I did have to clean up a peed-on couch, spilled apple juice, rice squares cereal crumbs and do a few loads of laundry. I'm really crossing my fingers that we are in the clear now. I'm a bit worried though, because this evening I got a good two hour nap and we all know what happened last time I napped. I am doing all I can to stay healthy and well. I'm staying away from sugar, treats, and all candy (gasp)....eating lots of fruits and vegetables, and keeping up on the liquids. I hope to get away from all this sicky blogging soon!

For heaven's sakes I've got a life to live and things planned on the calendar. AND, I've got a budget to stick to which is difficult when you're buying extra Sudafed, Mucinex, EmergenC and DanActive's to help your dead-as-a-dog husband recover from the influenza. Oh, didn't I mention it before? William has been down and out since Monday night when he arrived home from his 5-day trip. UGHHH!

P.S. If I get to choose which sickness I contract from my family then I'll go with the 24 hour bug. I'd rather throw up a few times than have the aches and chills for days on end. Have I completely grossed you out? I wonder if all this ralph-talk will change the rating on my blog?

C'mon, aren't we all moms here?

6 comments:

Jenibelle said...

Not very many people in my ward know I blog, most of the others are in other wards. I don't really know them except for Celia. My youngest two and her oldest two are friends but they are in a different ward. Anyone who knows me knows I have chronic foot-in-mouthitis. It's a disease, I hope it's not terminal to my friendships!

I hope you don't get sick, but better now than with that new baby. You're in my prayers!!

the wrath of khandrea said...

amen, sister. we're all moms here.

i wonder if your blurkers and mine are the same, because i have some of the same missouri towns show up on my sitemeter. interesting.

DebLawson said...

Ugh! I can't believe how much sickness is going around in your cute family!! Here in Utah we have the fever for a day or two, then super cough! EVERYONE (not my family, just everyone else in the ward and neighborhood) is sick.... I guess this is what I had 3 weeks ago, 'cause I still have the annoying cough. It's a bummer. Spring is around the corner, a time when we can open the windows, let the fresh air in and the germy air OUT!
Stay Well, you've got some birthin' to do in a few days, so don't get sick!
Good luck.

Celia Fae said...

I think Christie lives in Missouri. And maybe Jill also. Check my links and read them and see if you can figure it out. Maybe they are saving houses for me when we finally make the big trek!

kelly said...

oooh, I hope it gets through your family quickly! it's terrible, I know.
I'm glad Hank didn't have it as badly.

...and, it's never too much barf/sick/potty/girly talk :)

The Staub Squad said...

Shoot, you mean to tell me that you can actually track the people who look at your blog? My cover is blown. I am a blog addict. I've been known to click onto random family and friends and frankly it is a little freaky. I guess I just like to get cute posting ideas, decorating tips, photography incentives, and other interesting tid bits that are out there. Know what I mean?
Your newest Blurker from Texas,
Kate