I'd heard of others having blurkers (people who read your blog but never let you know they are stalking you) read their blogs. I used to do it myself. Then, I started my own blog and realized how much I love getting comments, so I started leaving comments when visiting others blogs. I truly believed that I had about five maybe six people who read my blog, and I thought I knew every single one of them. Then I discovered sitemeter. It's this handy little tool that tells you how many people have viewed your blog, where they are from, how long they were on your blog, but it doesn't give me any of the good info. For instance, WHO YOU ARE!!! I am so curious. That's just me, I mean how are people finding my blog, do they read it once and never come back, do they know me or just know someone who knows someone who knows me? What really threw me for a loop was when someone visited from Wisconsin! I don't think I know anyone in Wisconsin. I thought that was so crazy and then, something scary happened. Someone from Missouri visited my blog. And then someone else from Missouri visited my blog. WHOA! Where are you people coming from? The first visitor lived hours away in MO and then they got closer and closer. Tonight I found out that someone within probably 15 minutes of me has visited my blog. Do you know me?
So here's my little challenge to all you blurkers out there....post a comment PLEASE! I love comments, they are so satisfying and gratifying. It could be a one sentence comment or even a one word comment, just please let it be pleasant. Have a fabulous day.
So here's my little challenge to all you blurkers out there....post a comment PLEASE! I love comments, they are so satisfying and gratifying. It could be a one sentence comment or even a one word comment, just please let it be pleasant. Have a fabulous day.






14 comments:
yeah, sitemeter may just drive you crazy. wait til you start getting international readers. that's when it gets interesting! but really, after a month or so, you just won't care anymore.
I already came out of the woodwork, so I guess I dont count as a lurker anymore, right?
Hey, I know those people. You are lucky. They are terrific.
I like looking at my statcounter too. It's fun to imagine people all over the place congregating with little old me!
You've been so updatey lately. I can't wait to see baby bird.
Hello Halltown! :)
now,tell me again why you're anti pre-school? YOu would be PRO pre-school if you had Ali :)
so how did you find Holly!? She and I grew up together in the Bay Area! She is the oldest of 4 girls and I was (and still am!) best friends with her younger sister. We go wayyyy back. I love her blog, it's great. She's great gal!
Funny.
I love sitemeter too. it is like caller ID. I bet the wisconsin reader is kelly and my old roommate, Merideth. You know how it is...one blog leads to another and before you know it, you've wasted 2 hours blog surfing.
okay, okay... this is the first time I've been to your site... I promise. It's a seven degrees of separation thing I'm sure. I saw you on andreas blog, I know andreas blog from hmmm... no idea. but most of my blogging people I stalk are california... where I used to live.
I'm just outside of Chicago now.
BEAUTIFUL family!!
Hey Marie! It's Ruth Mavy here. You lent me your wedding dress. I actually saw your mom on Sunday and then found you on Angel Calls' blog. I hope all is well! Your girls look just like Betsy! :)
Hi Marie, I love your blog! I don’t know if I have commented yet; sometimes I get a little shy about the comments.... but it’s me... and not some crazy internet stalker. I can’t believe you are running for the school board! They would be lucky to have you. I hear you are coming to the bay area sometime this year? I hope we get to see you.
Jessica (wheeler) DiMaggio
I just happened upon your site through who knows where, but all roads lead back to Celia! I am from Brentwood also. Babies are way exciting....congratulations!!!
Thanks for visiting my site. I like your personality. You seem very happy! Especially so close to delivery! I'm in Twin Falls Id and this is my first time here however I am now interested enough I will be back. I'll be sure to comment when I do though because I was like you, I stalked until I got my own blog and now I comment because sitemeter makes me crazy and I like comments!
It's true, I too am a blurker and it looks like I've been caught! But not really because you already know that I read your blog all the time because I'm your sister. I guess it's official, I am now part of the blogging world; however, I do not have a blog of my own. And now I am assuming that I will be expected to leave a comment on all the blogs that I love to "stalk"
Yeah for all my blurkers! I love you!
Post a Comment