
Jane brought home some work she had completed at school and I was so excited to see she gets the concept of money. Here's what she seems to understand:
Sould I get a horse?
Benefits (Pros)
- fun riding
- Have party with it.
- If don't have car...ride horse.
- having races
- something to play with.
Costs (Cons)
- Pay taxs
- Have to get money for buying food.
- Somewere for it to stay
- money for it.
In Second Grade they are doing a unit on Needs vs. Wants and Money. I love this because we have always tried to teach our children to be responsible with their money. Last year Jane and I discovered that if you own a horse (or any livestock in Missouri) you have to pay property taxes on them. After much consideration Jane has decided she wants a bird.







6 comments:
A bird is good. A fish is even better! Why do all kids want a horse. I did when I was little and my kids want one now. I always go for fish. Easy!
after weighing the pros and cons..i think a bird is a wise choice.
I vote for the horse. Jane's great aunt, Antie Sue has a horse in Oregon just waiting for someone like Jane and her family to move into the neighborhood. As soon as Jane's dad gets hired by someone in that area the girl will have a hores!
Wow, that girl is going to make one great business woman!
She is a Bird, how about something that doesn't make noise? Like a hamster, property taxes shouldn't be much on a hamster.
Thats cute! You should save that forever! A fish is actually too much for me to handle! I had to babysit my mom's goldfish and I hated it! They stink, poop, and make their water all nasty. They're slimy and squirmy...ugh. My kids are mad at me cause I will tell them the only living thing in our house beside people will be plants. I will buy them a plant.
Post a Comment