Monday, May 19, 2008

Goodbye Soccer Games and Post Mother's Day


With mixed emotions I announce the end of the Spring Soccer Season. It was a crazy Saturday morning with three games at 9:00, five children and zero husbands. I'm positive I was the loudest cheering mom at Claire and Hank's game, but I'm pretty sure another mom won that honor at Jane's.


I had to skip from game to game to catch a little bit of action at each. It was bitter sweet to have it all be over. I don't think I'll miss the craziness of corralling the kids into the van on sleepy Saturday mornings or digging through the dirty clothes basket for the missing soccer sock and shirt. It's just that I love watching my children get in on the action, kick the ball and run all over the field with the herd of kids.


Not to worry, another season begins in the Fall and if I'm still crazy I'll be signing them all up again.

Backdated post......

Mother's Day. What is there to say about this fabulous day when you feel it's the one day of the year (besides your birthday maybe) when the children should be perfect angels, love their siblings and serve their mother? Well let's just say it wasn't the ideal day...but it was still fun. I had to discipline...quite a bit...but I also got breakfast in bed, LOTS of homemade notes and cards and these two wonderful gifts!


I've been longing for a piano bench and I always love a new plant.


Happy Mother's Day to me! Isn't this little guy growing up?


I love this quote I just found today...it perfectly describes my life...well not really, we are not living i poverty, we just force ourselves to live on a lean budget.
"It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder, and violence every single day should be avoided entirely.... but the desire to beget children is a natural urge."
~Phyllis Diller

3 comments:

kelly said...

your kids are so cute running out there in the their games. And Look at little Wally...getting so big already!! I just want to hold him!

good luck this week...Friday will be here soon ( hopefully).

and don't worry, you will still be crazy and sign your kids up for soccer I'm sure :).

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there for all the craziness!

Dad (Grandpa Jerry) said...

Claire, Jane and Hank. You guys are awesome soccor players. I really enjoyed watching you play.

Love,

Grandpa Jerry