Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mastitis

I am not a happy camper. Hot shower, heating pads, wet washcloths and antibiotics. That's pretty much my life right now...along with nursing a baby as much as possible. I wish I had three babies to nurse right now. Anyone have one I could borrow? I'm only part way kidding.

Today I drove to town to go pick up my prescription only to find out at the drive through window that they don't have that med in stock! After calling 5 other pharmacies with the help of my trusty phone book in the van I finally found one that did. Thankfully, it was right across the street. Then the lady said my insurance card was expired and she would have to call the insurance company and I could check back in half an hour. Bologna! I pulled out of the window, called my insurance company, got the numbers I needed and pulled back into the window. Within 10 minutes I had the blessed drugs in hand.


Then I picked up a take and bake pizza so I wouldn't have to make dinner at home. I also parked illegally in a handicapped spot, left the van running with the ac on and all 5 kids inside while I ran in through the liquor entrance of the grocery store to pick up some milk and yogurt. My mom said they (the police) would take me away. At that point, it sounded kind of nice.

I made all my kids go to bed at 7:30 so I could nap and have some peace and quiet. Hank and Kate went along with it....sort of, but Claire and Jane are still tossing and turning 2 hours later. Oh, the pain! My body aches and my head hurts and I'm going to crawl into bed now and hope the baby sleeps like a dream. Wish me luck. Don't you just hate being sick?

This too shall pass....I hope.

4 comments:

ali said...

really? are you serious? someone is playing some nasty tricks on you!

this is when I wish I was rich so that I could fly there to come help you...or at least bring you some warm washcloths and a supersized Andy's custard.

Hang in there lady. brighter days ahead.....

kelly said...

wish I was closer!!! I feel so bad for you, and it sounds like it didn't get much better after we talked! This will be over soon!
Love you!!!

Jennifer (Fern) said...

Mastitis is miserable!! I think it is one f the WORST sicknesses out there! I'm so sorry your so sick! Hang in there, you won't die... although I'm sure you feel like it:)

Mariel said...

Ugh. Breastfeeding without infections is headache enough! Hand in there! That's really sweet about your ward memebers being so thoughtful. You're way blessed!