Thanks to a Thoughtful, Caring and Kind Young Woman from my ward I was able to get a couple hours of sleep today without having to worry about the kids. She kept them happy, entertained and fed and I didn't have to worry about a thing. After I showered, so I wouldn't stink up the house with my 'all day in bed odor' I sent her home and my neighbor behind me had the kids for a couple more hours. It felt so good to sleep and rest and relax. My body and mind are so grateful! Thank you Beka and Tina!
One of my Young Women Advisers insisted on bringing dinner and I'm so glad she did. We enjoyed yummy BBQ, baked potatoes, fruit salad with whipped cream in a can and a loaf of homemade bread! Thanks Cara - it was delicious, easy and appreciated.
Cara's husband helped her deliver the dinner and while he was here I asked him if he would give me a priesthood blessing. I really feel like Heavenly Father was looking out for me because I wanted a blessing but felt silly calling someone to come over to give me one. I just got new home teachers and everyone just seems so busy. Anyway, when Brother Carpenter showed up with Cara it was an answer to my prayers.
I am constantly amazed at how Heavenly Father truly knows me and cares about my needs. Cara's husband doesn't know me very well, as I just met their family about 8 months ago when our wards were combined and I only see him in passing at church. Yet in his blessing he knew exactly what I needed. I just asked him for a blessing but didn't tell him how overwhelmed I feel or how I hate asking for help from others. He blessed me that I would reach out for help because the members of my ward are there to serve. He also blessed me that my body would help and function properly. He even blessed me that my kids would obey and be helpful. What more could a mother ask for? I am so grateful Brother Carpenter honors his priesthood and is in tune with the spirit and was willing and able to give me a personal blessing.
Today, I felt God's love for me in more ways than one. How did you feel God's love today?
One of my Young Women Advisers insisted on bringing dinner and I'm so glad she did. We enjoyed yummy BBQ, baked potatoes, fruit salad with whipped cream in a can and a loaf of homemade bread! Thanks Cara - it was delicious, easy and appreciated.
Cara's husband helped her deliver the dinner and while he was here I asked him if he would give me a priesthood blessing. I really feel like Heavenly Father was looking out for me because I wanted a blessing but felt silly calling someone to come over to give me one. I just got new home teachers and everyone just seems so busy. Anyway, when Brother Carpenter showed up with Cara it was an answer to my prayers.
I am constantly amazed at how Heavenly Father truly knows me and cares about my needs. Cara's husband doesn't know me very well, as I just met their family about 8 months ago when our wards were combined and I only see him in passing at church. Yet in his blessing he knew exactly what I needed. I just asked him for a blessing but didn't tell him how overwhelmed I feel or how I hate asking for help from others. He blessed me that I would reach out for help because the members of my ward are there to serve. He also blessed me that my body would help and function properly. He even blessed me that my kids would obey and be helpful. What more could a mother ask for? I am so grateful Brother Carpenter honors his priesthood and is in tune with the spirit and was willing and able to give me a personal blessing.
Today, I felt God's love for me in more ways than one. How did you feel God's love today?






7 comments:
I"m so glad you asked for a blessing. That really is an answer to prayer...you've been in mine.
I have felt God's love in the friendships I have around me. The help, the talking, and the examples.
You poor thing. I had 2 bouts of mastistis myself at around the 3rd and 6th weeks of Leah's life. I feel for you. The heating pads and HOT baths helped me the most. You are such a trooper. Hang in there!!!
PS; it is such a great opportunity when I can help someone who needs me. Even if I have 4,000 things to do. I always prefer helping someone else and then feel empowered to accomplish my own things. Ask away, you're really doing them a favor.
i agree with stacy. people like the opportunity to serve.
I am so glad you were blessed with some angels around you!
I love being a member of this church! You always have someone you can get help from, even (and especially) when they're complete strangers. Likewise, it's always nice to be able to do service for others through church activities and acquaintances. It's through this wonderful Church and the people in it, and their willingness to serve that I can feel God's love for me, and my love for him
Hope you feel better soon!
I wish I was there to help you, I am so good in a crisis. Bummer, are you feeling better yet? Hope so!!
I remember those days. It will get better, just hang in there! I hope your kids are minding you and doing all they can to help you feel better.
ok, so I'm beginning to get worried...tell me you're at g.camp or something...miss you!
Post a Comment